Saturday 3 February 2018

A little update

I got my pure neemos. Everything about sizes changing was absolute nonsense which makes things a lot easier. But the doll I'd planned to be Piccolina just doesn't suit. So she will be a second ghost and I will find a new Piccolina. I'm currently tossing up between two different dolls but haven't decided yet. I'll post photos once I have my Piccolina.

 I'm really failing at doll stuff and blogging right now. Actually I'm pretty much failing at everything right now. Everything is getting further and further behind and I don't have the motivation to get back on track. You see, I'm pregnant and I'm having the world's worst morning sickness. About half the time, I'm having trouble holding water down, much less anything else. And the rest of the time, the only thing I can think is "Please don't throw up!" It's a barrel of laughs. Hopefully in the next week or two this will pass and I'll be back to my usual doing thirty things at once (but none of them well) self. Hopefully. Meanwhile I'm already swearing that I'm never doing this again.
 The Giant Baby has one of the most impressive mosquito bites I have ever seen on his cheek.

What's surprising is that he doesn't seem to know it's there. It's not bothering him in the slightest. BUT when I showed him in the mirror, he cried for twenty minutes. So we're keeping him away from mirrors for the time being.
Hopefully I can manage something doll related this week.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having another Giant Baby on the way! With both of my two, I experienced bouts of nausea for many weeks past when it was supposed to stop. I hope you feel better soon, and I look forward to seeing your Pure Neemo bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb! Although I'm hoping it's a normal sized non-giant. (I've got a hernia from carrying the current one.)
    And yay! Your comment worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Rachael, morning sickness is the pits! I do feel for you my dear, and I hope it passes soon.
    Seems your Giant Baby could do with some cuddles too, poor sweet boy, he looks like someone punched him in the eye, no wonder he cried when he looked at himself.
    Take care, hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It doesn't help that people say things like "Ooo! Bad sickness means twins!" Which makes me feel sicker!
      Luckily Baby Boy's eye is very nearly better but I still think it was upsetting everyone else more than him.

      Delete
    2. Don't listen to any of those old wives' tales. Late in the pregnancy with my second one, my in-laws were talking about how she'd already dropped, so she'd be coming early, blah blah. Well, she did come early, but she never dropped. She flipped sideways at the last minute and I had to have a C-section.

      I presume even if you aren't getting an ultrasound any time soon, the doc will listen to the fetal heartbeat, so that will be a good indication of whether you have twins. Not that I think you should worry, unless they run in your family.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! As for the feeling sick,I was nauseous the whole time with Ivy. I found that if I sipped a root beer,(no caffeine)while making dinner, by the time it was done I'd be able to eat something. It's worth a try? I don't know what you have that compare to root beer,but I'm sure the carbonation was the important part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I've never seen root beer but maybe ginger beer will be close enough? Definitely worth a try at this point.

      Delete
  5. I do hope you that you move past this stage soon as well. I enjoy your posts, but please never feel obligated to blog! Your real life and your health are far more important, so please never apologize about prioritizing them!

    ReplyDelete