Wednesday 16 January 2019

Update

 I don't really have anything doll or craft related to post about, right now. All that stuff has been packed away because we're moving in two weeks. To a bigger place with A DOLL ROOM AND A PANTRY! I'm very stressed and a little depressed about the move. The Giant Husband and I both grew up in this area, and we had never planned on leaving. But we've finally had to accept that the Yarra Valley is just too fashionable right now and if we actually wanted to buy a house here, it would cost three quarters of a million dollars for any house at all, much less a nice one. And frankly, anyone who'd be willing to lend us that much money, is not someone we should be borrowing from. We like our kneecaps too much.
 I'm also pretty excited about having a whole house. Especially the doll room and the pantry. I have this fantasy that having a bigger place means I won't have two kids and the Giant Husband hanging off me twenty four seven. But I know that's wishful thinking. We could live in Buckingham Palace and they'd still all find a reason to be within three feet of me, all the time.
 Tiny finally gets a bedroom that's larger than a closet. So I get the fun of decorating her room all over again. As well as planning stuff like new towels, a new dinner set, and that kind of stuff. And I'm getting a new computer desk, because my current one is so small that I can't fit my keyboard and mouse pad on it at the same time.

 Christmas was brutal. We have a habit of forgetting to tell the Giant Baby important things. For instance we told him he was getting a baby sister, but didn't think to tell him it meant I'd have to go to hospital for a couple of days. That's something he still holds a grudge about. At Christmas, everyone had told him that he would get Christmas presents. Nobody thought to tell him that everybody else would get presents too. This is his face when he discovered that the presents under Nanny's Christmas tree weren't all for him.


Then he hid in the kitchen to cry.

 Tiny got to wear one of the dresses that I made for her. I originally planned on making most of her clothes. But then we got a ridiculous amount of hand me downs. She ended up with SEVENTY FIVE onesies in size 0-3months! Which meant I could focus on making frivolous dresses like this one.


It's not a good picture but it's the best one I have. The front has a tucky-pleaty treatment that I found on a sundress on Pinterest and copied. But since Christmas day was hot, she actually spent most of the day in just her nappy anyway. (And her brother spent most of the day in his underwear in a kiddie pool.)

I know this post is kind of disjointed. It's been written over three days in two minute bursts. So I'm going to leave it here before it completely stops making sense.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Rachael, that was a wonderful post, you had me in stitches . . . I love your sense of humour. :)

    I hope the move goes smoothly and you are soon in your new home with more space to go crazy in . . . the pantry and doll room would get me excited too!

    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think, if I didn't have a sense of humour about it, I'd just sit down and cry.
      The best part about the doll room is I'm going to have more chance of keeping the kids away from the dolls.

      Delete
  2. I hope by the time you read this, you're in a better place, mentally and literally. Tiny's Dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. Still 6 days to go but I've gotten enough done that I'm not freaking out anymore. . . Although I did have a panic attack when I realised we don't even own salt and pepper shakers. But those are easy enough to buy.

      Delete