Wednesday 18 September 2019

Surprises!

So, I killed Donatina.
Not really, just being melodramatic. This morning I decided 36 hours should be long enough for the glue to cure. The bottle recommended 48 hours but I decided I knew better.
When it came to heating her head up, I got too impatient using the hair dryer - which is why I never use it to dry my hair; and dunked her head in hot water again.
 The first eye popped in easy. And looked awesome! I wish I had taken a picture! But there was no way I was going to be able to get her second eye in the same way. Because the rigidity of the eye, I had gotten in, was making her head less flexible and the second eye would go in about two thirds of the way and pop out again! Then the glue softened and the dome popped off the back of the eye!
So now poor Donatina looks like this

Condensation has formed in her one eye and it actually looks worse in real life because the softened glue is giving the eye a weird, cataracty sheen. I'm waiting to see if the condensation improves, then I'm going to have to cut the back of her head open and stick the eye in that way.

I'm going to wait and see how hard that is and how good it looks before I decide what to do with the other girls. I may just paint over their eyes.

As I was sulking about this, I got my grocery package from Xanadu! YAY! Perfect timing!

Alice and Tristessa volunteered to help me open it. (Tristessa was reluctant and only agreed to help on the condition that she got a chair.)

Obviously Alice was more enthusiastic but at least Tristessa agreed to hold Chessy the cat.


On top were some little knitted things. I THINK these will fit my Disney dolls. Actually they'd probably fit the Kindi Kids too. I love knitted things but I couldn't knit to save my life. (That's not true, I can knit plain squares, if I don't have to do anything more complicated than knit, purl, knit, purl and someone else casts on and off for me but that's not very useful.)


There were also two little red tops but I forgot to get a picture.

But Alice was on a mission to find treasure!



Tristessa tried to tell Alice that the shoes probably weren't for her but Alice was pretty sure they were.


Alice offered Tristessa a felt strawberry to cheer her up. But Tristessa says felt strawberries give her hives.

Some felt strawberries and biscuity sticks, and slices of kiwi fruit and mandarin - which will have to be hidden from the children or they will vanish and reappear in the toy box.

Then a big bag of groceries to make everyone happy!


Tristessa found a jar of Nutella. Alice found a bag of gingerbread men. And Chessy isn't fussy, she's happy with dog food!

The little pack of toilet paper is possibly my favourite thing ever! There's a little pack of ham, which I plan to put in my handbag. That way, in future, if I mispronounce it as "hambag" and the Giant Husband argues that I don't keep ham in it, I can pull that out and say that I do! (Yes, I am definitely childish enough to do that.)

And now if I want to save Donatina (by sawing a hole in her skull) I'm going to need to get a move on before Tiny wakes up from her nap. And then tonight, once the kids are asleep, I can play "Who fits what?" with those clothes and shoes!

7 comments:

  1. Well they arrived rather smartly, which is not at all bad for Australia Post. Usually when I post something to go your way it travels from me to Sunshine before returning to this side of town! LOL! I'm glad you're happy with everything Rachael. Have fun!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Australia Post makes me so mad sometimes. They either do things super quick, or more often stupidly slowly. I can get a package from Japan faster than a package from Dandenong! And the number of times I've had a package just sit in the Sunshine sorting centre for over a week is ridiculous.

      Delete
  2. Now I'm very intrigued about what will be in my package! I think I'll have to wait a bit longer, though. I'm also expecting a Cu-Poche Alice, coincidentally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A word of warning on Alice. Her hair makes her pretty top heavy, so she topples over a fair bit if you don't pose her just right.
      You have to show what you get when it arrives!

      Delete
    2. Alice can't be much worse than my Little Red Riding Hood. They're such cute dolls that I still love them in spite of their issues!

      Delete