Sunday 9 August 2020

My Collection Part Six

I'm not going to bother with the whole blah blah about how slack I've been on these posts and promises to do better. Things are crappy, they're crappy for everyone and we're all doing what we can.


Since my last post, actually in the last week, FOUR more Baby So Beautiful dolls have found their way into my doll room. They don't have names yet, because I'm tired and can't remember what names I've used. But here they are.


The three on the left, came from the same EBay seller and are in lovely condition, even their hair! The three on the right have original dresses. The poor, little one on the far right has a dress that badly faded on the back and crispy faded hair. Her hair has gone pinkish in patches.



But her face is still lovely 


I thought the other blonde had the same face but her lower lip isn't as wide. I'm not sure if it's a different sculpt or just different paint.



The girl in the lace dress needs her curls neatened.

The last girl has a darker skin tone than my others but I think her face may be the same as the new girl from my last post.



These next, tiny, kidlets were a Cabbage Patch Kid blind bag thing a few years ago. They're only about two inches tall, and came in little boxes, just like the big Cabbage Patch Kid boxes, with little birth  certificates.


 The gimmick was that you couldn't see the birth certificate and they had little cloth nappies over either blue or pink painted nappies. The surprises were their names, birthdays and gender. I bought a few to be dolls for dolls but ended up with so many because the Giant Husband kept saying they would all be girls and I wanted to prove him wrong.


I gave up when my last two were named Henry and Liam (or maybe William, I'm not sure) and were STILL girls!


Next up is a Lady Lovelylocks doll.


She was a Stacie sized doll from the eighties. Originally she had plastic hair clips shaped like forest creatures with long, coloured "tails" like clip in hair extensions. I desperately wanted one as a kid but never got one. I've had a few as a grown up but won't buy any more because they age so badly. This one is missing that disc thing that holds her head on and their legs get REALLY gross. REALLY. After I took that picture, I looked up her dress and

I think I should probably put her in the bin. I haven't yet. But I definitely should.

Last up for today, another toy from the eighties, are my Rose Petal Place girls.

They were all named after flowers and scented. They were supposed to be flowers that came to life when a little girl's tears fell on them. Each doll had a rhinestone tear, somewhere on her outfit.

They're about six inches tall and look surprisingly good if you replace their heads with Kelly doll heads. When we were kids, my sister had Rose (the pink one), and I had the blue haired ballerina, named Lily Fair. I remember hiding her in my pocket when my Nan took us to visit her friends or relatives. I would pick flowers and make dresses for her by stabbing her arms through the petals. I got these years ago to fix up, but forgot that I had them. I've put them on display now, so I don't forget them again.

That's all I have time for today.

Doll Count : 70

7 comments:

  1. My friend Tam is selling a Lady Lovelylocks doll that is in much better condition than the one you bought. She is also selling a Rose Petal Place fashion new on card. Her prices look pretty reasonable; you can see her sales list here and scroll down.

    Your Baby So Beautiful dolls are all pretty. I like the one in the mint colored dress the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I've been looking at those for a while now and fighting the urge! If she still has them, once Corona is over and economy shipping is a thing again, there's a good chance I'll want them.

      Delete
  2. Lovely eBay finds Rachael! Those Baby So Beautiful are really sweet. Looks like the one in the pink dress may have been sitting on a window ledge some time or other for her dress to be bleached like that. She is still a very pretty doll nonetheless and I'm sure with your sewing skills you can make her something nice to wear. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. I'm pretty sure she must have been on a windowsill too. For the moment, I'm probably just going to put her with her back to the wall so the fading doesn't show but eventually she will need a new dress.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Linda. I'm hoping when I finally get around to making new clothes for the petals, I can find a way to make it look like they're made from real flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby dolls are pretty, but I cannot decide if those two are the same face sculpt either, the darker painting on the lips really threw me.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how different paint can make a face look. And from looking on EBay I'm pretty sure this line actually had a few very similar sculpts.

      Delete