Wednesday 7 December 2016

Update - Back to work!

So all my doll stuff was put on hold while I made ridiculously elaborate costumes for a party the Giant Husband and I went to. Thankfully that's over and done with now. The party was fun and we won a holiday in Queensland for our costumes but it was a LOT of work.
I cheated in the costumes a little bit. Instead of ruffs, we had frills. I made paned sleeves for the Giant Husband's shirt but having done that I flat out refused to make the legs of his pants with panes as I had originally intended. I started making a bum roll to hold out my skirts properly but in the end decided it would be easier to just tie a breast feeding pillow around my waist.
 If you're curious I have pictures. I've blanked out the Giant Husband's face at his request and yes, I am aware I'm making a stupid face in my picture but unfortunately it's the only picture I have of my costume. And yes, I am aware it makes me look roughly the size and shape of a sofa but I'm ok with that.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's because I have just been looking at an Ever After High Lizzie Hearts doll, but you look like you are about to say "Off with their heads!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely guarantee that I said that every chance I got!

    ReplyDelete