Saturday 8 September 2018

Babies and stuff

So this happened four weeks ago . . .


Normally I'd probably delete that picture, because I look like a nineteen year old boy. But knowing I have less than five pictures of myself with the Giant Baby, I don't want to delete any pictures with this one.

 I've heard rumours that being pregnant improves ADHD. Something to do with estrogen. I'd like to officially say that is a crock. I've always done things a little bit at a time because I don't have the focus to do things all at once. I even take a break halfway through washing the dishes. Sewing takes ages because I tend to take a two minute break for every six inches of sewing, or basting, or pinning. But while I was pregnant this stopped working. Because I would take my wander off break like normal but I'd completely forget to go back to whatever it was I'd been doing. As an example of how bad this got - I've been reading other people's blogs this whole time but I got to the point that I could only focus on a paragraph at a time. But I couldn't focus for long enough to comment on anything. I'd leave things open in tabs to comment on "later", put it off for a week, then have no idea why all those tabs open. It might have been funny if it wasn't so frustrating.

 Now I'm feeling more like myself again. I have my brain back but I'm too tired to get anything done yet. The Giant Baby is having a little bit of trouble adjusting, which isn't surprising since he is a bit spoilt. He loves his baby sister and is always asking to hug her, kiss her, hold her, pat her, but he's angry with me because he's not getting as much attention as he used to. And his dad has spoiled him even more than usual lately to the point where I could just about put them both on EBay.


The new baby is lovely. Of course she is. She's four weeks old. All she does is eat and sleep. She's healthy as a horse and thankfully she's built on Rachael scale, not Giant scale. (She's only just now hit the size the Giant Baby was when he was born, and she actually still weighs a little bit less)



I'm pretty sure this post is kind of disjointed and rambling but I'm going to post it anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so glad that you posted this. I've been waiting for baby news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I've been meaning to post something for weeks but I honestly have no idea where all my time has been going.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Love that first photo, makes me want to just pinch those little chubby cheeks. :)

    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete