Wednesday 30 January 2019

I survived!

Yay! We moved house this weekend and while it was incredibly stressful, I survived! Yay again.
There's still way too much unpacking to do, so t he stress isn't over yet but it's better.

The Giant Baby and I took a couple of quick walks today and even though I miss mountains already, where we are now is so flat, I feel like I could walk for twelve hours without complaining  . . . Not today though, since it was 38 degrees!*
By comparison, Lilydale, where we used to live is so steep there's stairs in the footpath on the Main Street at one point! Which meant even in Winter it was unpleasant to walk places.
One thing I will miss is this


That was taken from our old balcony. I'm going to miss being able to look out at the mountains. And I'm going to miss being that close to shops.

We had to drive through the Dandenong a million times to get here and I kept having two conflicting thoughts. "Wow! This is so beautiful!I wish I lived here!" On the one hand. But "Wow! This is so flammable! I am so glad I don't live here!" On the other.
I kept meaning to take some pictures of the scenery to share here but kept putting it off.

I did get this picture of some Queen Anne's Lace when we passed through Cockatoo.


And I got this impressive bruise when I accidentally hit myself with a 300m roll of cling wrap


Other than that, I am so exhausted that the best I can say is I survived.

*In the interest of honesty I have to admit that it was so hot that once we found the shops, we called the Giant Husband to come get us with the car because we were fried.

2 comments:

  1. Where on earth have you moved to that you have no mountains to view??? That must be a big disappointment. We can still see the Dandenongs from our house, thank heavens, I think I would go nuts without a view of some sort.
    Still you're there and now comes the horrible unpacking and sorting out where everything is to go. I certainly don't envy you Rachael.
    That's one heck of a bruise . . . you sure some one didn't bash you with that roll of cling wrap? Just kiddin' but it looks awful.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete