Monday 11 March 2019

Tiny

 Tiny is seven months old today. It feels like forever, and like five minutes at the same time. This week she's finally sleeping through the night, kind of. (She wakes up between eleven and one for a feed. If I'm lucky the Giant Husband is still up and takes care of it.)
 She is the happiest baby I know. She smiles and laughs all day, although we have recently discovered she can cry like an air raid siren if she's hurt herself.
 She can crawl now. And sit up for a while, especially if she has something to hold on to. At the moment she spends most of her time trying to stand up, and falling over.
 I'm making ninety per cent of her food. Not because I'm naturally that kind of person. But because when the Giant Baby was toward the end of his baby food days, I discovered that almost all baby food if it's fruit, is pear, if it's vegetable is sweet potatoes. This wouldn't bother me if it said that clearly on the package.  But it never does. The pack will say "Pineapple, orange and pear" but if you read the ingredients, in teeny weeny print, it turns out it's 99% pear with half a teaspoon each of pineapple and orange JUICE. I don't like that. It's hard to explain why. If the pack said "Pear with a little pineapple and orange juice", it wouldn't bother me. But the trickiness makes me not trust commercial baby food. And I'm pretty sure that was terrible English.
Anyway, baby picture spam. (It's way too early in the morning for stringing words together.)















And some pictures of her new bedroom because while it's not fantastic or Pinterest worthy, I love it. And I'm really pleased with how well it came out given how little money we spent. Just try to ignore the washing line in the background.






3 comments:

  1. She's a cutie, and she does seem... tiny, next to her big brother. I hope things are improving as far as settling in to your new place. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do once you have a dedicated doll room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb! While we haven't made as much progress as I'd like, things are getting done slowly. All the boxes have been stashed in the "office" but it's going to be a while before the doll room is done. Considering getting one or two out to play with in the meanwhile, just can't decide which one.
    The harder part for me is that while I'm great at making acquaintances, I never really know how to turn them into friends, so it's pretty lonely here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so great at the making friends thing either. Do they have any groups for mums where you've moved to?

    ReplyDelete