Friday 4 September 2020

My Collection Part Seven. Bjds.

Today's post is going to be a quick one, with terrible photos, because I have done shamefully little with my ball jointed dolls.


Possibly the worst photo I've ever taken, but I don't have time to redo it. You've seen these girls fairly recently. On the left is Elizabeth, my Dollmore Zihu. On the right is Lily, my Iplekid Paige. I've just realised Elizabeth is wearing odd shoes and Lily is only wearing one shoe! Oops! Lily is actually only half wearing that shoe. It was made to fit Tyler Wentworth and is a very, tiny bit too small but close enough that I'm going to see if I can stretch it a little.

This is one of my new Iplekids. They finally arrived a few weeks ago. I haven't done anything with them yet because I don't want to try to give them face ups with the kids climbing all over me. That just sounds like a recipe for disaster.
This girl is Celina with white skin and she will be my vampire girl, eventually. My phone is currently full of inspiration pictures for her face up.

And this is my other new Iplekid, Daisy. I want to paint her to look kind of like Rashida Jones from Parks and Recreation, but in child form. Because that's what the closed mouth smile reminds me of. I'm planning on giving her brown hair and green eyes and naming her Margaret.


These are my Luts dolls. The first one is Kiddelf Bory. The two on head stands are Buzzi and a free event head I got with the others.
My plan was to make Bory a fairy queen or princess and the other two would stay on the head stands and be made into a wood fairy and water fairy or flower fairy or something similar. But looking at the heads today, the event head is significantly bigger than the other two, so perhaps I will put that one on the body? I don't know. But I don't plan on ordering anything to actually make them until international economy shipping is a thing again. I don't know many Australian shops that carry wigs or eyes and I don't feel like paying forty odd dollars shipping on every wig or pair of eyes. So they're probably on hold until Corona goes away.
Once they're done, I'd also like to make some kind of bases for the head stands. Maybe wooden bases? Maybe something out of resin? I'm not sure, this is just a vague idea at the moment.


And then there's this girl. I suppose she's not really a bid, since her head is vinyl and her body is plastic but I'm lumping her in here anyway.
I have no idea who or what she is. I told the Giant Husband that I wanted a little jointed doll to put in a decorative birdcage I have. And he ordered me this off Wish. I suspect she may be some kind of recast but I've never heard of plastic recast before. She's VERY jointed, but her joints are stiff and feel very flimsy, like they'll break if you try to move them. I haven't done anything with her because she doesn't fit in the birdcage so I put her away and forgot about her.

I'm not going to add the disembodied heads into my doll count but I am going to add Mei because I forgot when I made her post. Mei and Barbara's new dresses are not going well. I made a list of what I needed to make them, then when I put in my fabric order with Spotlight (for stuff to make Tiny some summer dresses) I completely forgot to add the fabric for their dresses to the order! And since packages, even ones from nearby, are taking so long I don't want to order anything else right now. So I'm going to see if I can come up with a new idea that uses stuff I already have.


Doll Count : 78

9 comments:

  1. I have to agree with your choices Rachael, since I have three of those myself. LOL! My Bory is a Centaur Moonlit Song. And I was very tempted to buy Daisy, but bought another doll instead (IH Kid Ah-Rah which I've already sold).

    Bummer about the fabrics, but I'm sure you already have fabric in your stash you can use . . . maybe you'll have some left over from Tiny's dresses that you could use. Happy sewing!
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Ra was an interesting choice. I can't help feeling her features, while they're all nice on their own, don't really go together.
      I'm sure I do have more than enough fabric to dress Mei and Barbara, that's why I don't feel rushed to order more. I just need to come up with a plan, some motivation and a little time.

      Delete
  2. The Dancer has a pointe shoe like Elizabeth is wearing. We bought her Sansha shoes once in a never ending quest to find pointe shoes that worked for her.

    It will be interesting to see what your BJDs look like when you are done with them. I never seem to be able to see in my mind how a doll would look with a painted face and wig. I'm sorry that you're having problems with your sewing, and your shipping. I've been waiting for what feels like forever for a package from Russia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I didn't realise Sansha was an actual brand of Pointe shoe! Bloch dominates the market here to the point that you can just forget that anyone else makes ballet shoes!
      My trouble with faceless dolls is the opposite. I can always see so many possibilities that it makes it hard to choose one!
      Packages taking forever is the worst. I got a few doll wigs in the mail, the other day. But they had taken so long, I can't remember who each one was for!

      Delete
    2. Oh my goodness, we went through so many pointe shoe brands trying to find one for the Dancer. We ended up having to buy two pairs of Capezio pointe shoes at a time, so she could wear a different size on each foot. I'm so glad that we had a lot of choices here, because she has really different feet!

      I think my package would have been here by now except for the stupid Chinese virus.

      Delete
    3. That sounds frustrating and expensive!
      What are you getting from Russia? I think I've heard that post from Russia takes a long time anyway, but I would expect the virus to make it take even longer.
      I got a book the other day. It only came from Sydney, so maybe about 500 miles, it took over a month!

      Delete
  3. The pointe shoe thing was frustrating, and also expensive, but I looked on it (dancing en pointe) as one of those things she would only be able to do for a short time in her life, so it was worth it.

    I ordered two pieces of Barbie furniture from Russia, the kind that are pre-cut plywood and you have to glue them together. I'm also discouraged because I want to start a Mori girl wardrobe, and I'm seeing a lot of nice linens for sale from Lithuania, but they'll take forever to get here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trace the plywood stuff on a piece of card before you put it together. That way if anything ever gets broken you can make a new one!

      Delete
    2. That's a great tip, thank you very much! I just looked at the tracking information for my package, and it's in a postal warehouse in Cleveland right now, so it should be here soon.

      Delete