Wednesday 16 August 2017

August Update - Beach

 I'm not sure where I was up to when I last posted. But that day I got the fabric for the shirred sundress printed and lined. Then I read instructions for shirring, both by hand and machine. Doing it by hand sounded like I'd have more control over how tight the gathers were. Shirring by machine sounds easy but in a way that makes me cynical, like it can't possibly be that easy and there are probably a million things that will go wrong. Either way, I was completely intimidated.
 I will still finish that dress. I will. But right now I'm procrastinating. But at least I'm procrastinating fairly productively. I drafted a pattern for a simple sundress and I'm using it to make four sundresses and four party dresses. Still not overly beachy but oh well. Six of them are nearly finished. Two more to make, then add press studs and shoulder straps and close the backs and they're done! That probably makes it sound like more work than it is. Hopefully tomorrow I'll either get them finished or work up the courage to finally get this shirring done.
 I don't have any pictures of my work so far, so here's a picture of the helpers I had when I was sewing yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment