Wednesday 30 August 2017

So much to talk about!

 I've been having a massively dolly few weeks. I've ordered a Wellie Wishers doll and she should arrive soon. I can't wait to play around with her and she'll probably turn up here at some point.
  I finally went over to the dark side and bought an 18 inch doll which is something I've been thinking about for a while but it took my ages to decide on which one. I want to talk about that, I also want to get another one soon.
  I got a chance yesterday to take photos of my dolls in the sundresses I made. I'm not 100% happy with the pictures though. My camera tends to oversaturate reds and brighter colours. So half the photos look (to me) annoyingly high contrast. The others (that aren't brightly coloured) look washed out but I'm not sure if that's just by comparison to the others. I'm going to have another look tomorrow and see if I was just being insane when I looked at them last night and either post them tomorrow or reshoot and post them later.
  I also spent a gift voucher I won at work on Our Generation accessories. I finally got to play with these yesterday and discovered that (as I suspected) most of the items are beautifully in scale with my 14 inch dolls. Weirdly there seem to be more things that are too small for them than too big!
  And while I was taking photos, I finally took the opportunity to play with my bjds and find out if any of the dolls clothes I have fit them. I'd just discovered that my 14 inch Kish Chrysalis dolls, my Maru mini pal and Disney princess toddler dolls (the ones with the freaky reflections eyes) could all share clothes. I've read that Wellie Wishers are the same size as the Disney princesses, so hopefully they can join in too. Unfortunately it turns out that my two bjds (a Dollmore Zihu and an Iplehouse kid) don't fit any of the clothes I have. They're too thin for the 14 inch doll clothes. They're too tall (and probably too fat, I didn't check) for the twelve inch Kish doll clothes. And Patience's clothes are far too tight and won't even button. But I still took some photos of them, because that's really what I bought them for and I've never gotten around to it. So here's Claudia, my Zihu, wearing a Chrysalis dress that's been cinched in with a clothespeg and hopefully I'll get time to write more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment