Sunday 26 March 2017

A Strange Christmas Story (sort of)


Somehow I seem to end up doing weird things at work.
 Most of the weird stuff started with this guy

We all started making snowmen out of left over blu-tack. I have no idea why but we did. One day the manager saw that day's snowman and tried to be cross about it. The girl that was working tried to distract him by pointing out what a great snowman it was. He replied that he wasn't impressed by a snowman. He would be impressed by a full nativity scene made from blu-tack.
Challenge accepted.


Even though it was July, I spent the next week making a nativity scene out of blu-tack. Some of it was the standard stuff, some of the coloured stuff, some was a different brand that made it in white. Most of it was dyed with markers. It changed as I made it. Initially it was planned as something far more ambitious looking like cast resin figures but blu-tack doesn't work like that. (Although I suspect if I'd made blocks, chilled them and carved them it could almost have but I'm probably kidding myself) The figures ended up being far more naive in style and were going to have details added with markers when I was finished. Except by the time I had finished shaping them, I was so sick of the whole idea, I didn't bother.

It's changed since then. The characters all wore costumes for Halloween (although I don't have pictures of that) and this little guy joined them

They all changed back for Christmas and the ghost disappeared. Since then they've been joined by a Littlest Petshop cat and several different Kinder Surprise toys have come and gone. There's also a cake now that I made when two of the girls at work had birthdays



And an ice cream sundae from another work mate's birthday. Baby Jesus went missing and was replaced with a new, rather unhealthy looking baby made from normal blu-tack, who apparently laid an egg for some reason.

My current project is weird. One of the girls at work is named Tam and one day we joked that her My Little Pony name was Tamponia. So now because I have a mental image of this and the maturity level of a fifteen year old boy, I've got a little blind bag My Little Pony figure that I'm repainting to be Tamponia. It's not going to be overtly gross because frankly my brain couldn't deal with that, but it's definitely not going to be tasteful either so it will probably never make an appearance here.

No comments:

Post a Comment