Friday 12 October 2018

NPK Collection doll

My 18 inch doll from EBay arrived yesterday. I was going to spend some time doing an in depth review but if I plan that, it will never get done. So here's a quick post about her instead.


She's already my favourite 18 inch doll. Although in fairness, her look is so different to other 18 inch dolls that you can't really compare them.

The neither good nor bad things-
She's all vinyl.
Her eyes are fixed, they don't close.
She has rooted eyelashes.
Her hair is a wig.
She comes with a "Certificate of Authenticity" but since this isn't filled out it's kind of meaningless.

The good things -
There's a fair bit of weight to her and the vinyl seems really nice.
 She has really nice airbrushed blushing on her face and hands.
Her nails are painted a natural colour.
Her clothes are well made.
Her shoes are great. Fake leather with actual, proper soles and working buckles.
Her hair actually feels like hair and swings beautifully.
Her face is really cute.
I don't know if it will show in pictures but the airbrushing on her face is amazing. Shaded and layered in a way you don't usually see on play dolls.

The bad things -
If you look closely at the paint on her mouth and nails you can see brushstrokes.
Her dress is . . . really ugly.
If you part her hair so you can see it, her wig cap is quite messy looking.
Her hair is insanely long. Too long. And her fringe is pretty uneven.
Her eyelashes are odd. VERY long but also a dark, blood, red colour. From a distance it looks like shading. Close up it's very strange.

Here's a close up of her face.


Her hand


This is how crazy long her hair is


That pointless certificate


Redressed in a nicer outfit


And in a lineup with a Journey Girl and an Our Generation doll



And here's what happens if I leave dolls on a chair while I wash dishes


For the record, that was three hours ago and he hasn't given her back yet. And she's still naked and bald!

So, the new doll isn't perfect but she is amazing. I'm already plotting to get a second one with dark hair!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're happy enough with the new doll to get another one. This one, at least from a distance, looks like a child that I've actually seen, but of course I can't remember for the life of me where that would have been.

    At least long hair is easier to play around with than short hair. Cut off several inches and you've fixed up the uneven issue as well (hopefully.) :)

    It looks like your son has a new doll! :) Or maybe he'll be getting his own for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to cut her hair off soon, at about waist length or a little shorter, I think. But I'm not going to be brave enough to tackle her fringe. Might just see if I can minimise the uneven look by brushing it a different way.
      And yeah. I was actually really happy the doll he got attached to was the one I can get for under twenty dollars at Kmart and not a Journey Girl.

      Delete
  2. I like the proportions of this doll Rachael and her chubby cheeks are very cute. Needless to say, her li'l toothy pegs are gorgeous...I adore a good toothy grin.

    I reckon with a little tweeking this doll could be a stunner!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She definitely has potential, doesn't she. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with her yet though.

      Delete