Monday 29 October 2018

Old Paper Dolls

These are some paper dolls I drew, years ago. I'm not sure how many years but some of the sheets had 2004 scrawled on them and others had 2008 written on the back so I'm guessing they're about ten years old. I remember drawing these clothes but when the time came to draw some dolls to wear the clothes, they turned out to be too small. It was too difficult, in this size, to draw a face that I was happy with. So, I abandoned making them in this size and because I wasn't going to be making them in this size anymore, I never coloured these clothes.

But I have a weird habit of feeling empathy for inanimate objects. So when the Giant found these last week, I started feeling bad for these never being coloured. So I'm putting them here, so I can kid myself that one day someone might print them out and colour them in and they'll actually get used.

The first two sheets were an experiment. I drew Edwardian dresses, collars and pinafores separately, so they could be layered on a doll. I actually really like those clothes, and I know I didn't make them up. I copied them from somewhere. But I don't remember where and it's driving me crazy because I want to have another go at drawing them. So if anyone seeing this recognises those clothes, please let me know where they're from!








2 comments:

  1. Interesting subject and lovely illustrations Rachael. I think you should do something with them and colouring them is definitely therapeutic. Just what you need right now. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even processing them into my computer, which should be tedious, is super relaxing right now.
      But I'm a bit missing in action right now because I decided to make up a few new sets, better sets, print out a bunch of copies and send to the Royal Children's, hopefully in time for Christmas.

      Delete