Wednesday 4 December 2019

What the actual fluff!

 So, I think my last post was the paper dolls I made. They took a YEAR! Between researching, sketching, painting, scanning, editing, layout, printing and collating, that's an actual year!

As I had planned from the beginning, once they were ready I bought all new ink cartridges for my printer, and as anyone that's ever had a printer knows, that stuff is expensive.

Then I printed. And printed. I got eight complete copies before I started getting out of ink warnings. Then I bought card to paste the actual dolls to. I ended up getting more ink and reprinting the dolls, straight onto the card.

I spent two days collating them into individual sets, and cutting the doll sheets so each doll was on it's own little piece of card.

I bought two packages of blu-tack to make stands for the dolls. Packaged the whole thing up, with a letter of explanation of course, and mailed it to the children's hospital.

AND AUSTRALIA POST LOST THEM!

I have never been so angry in my entire life!

4 comments:

  1. Well what can I say, I bet you are livid! Did you not send them with tracking Rachael? I never send anything these days without it, I have found it's an absolute necessity, and even though it's more expensive . . . I'd rather pay than loose. :)
    They may turn up though, it's not often they loose things entirely.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tracking never showed them leaving our local post office. So the other day I launched an enquiry with them. Suddenly the tracking shows them hitting the central mail thingy the night they were posted.
      They replied to my enquiry this morning with "Oops! Looks like we've lost that!" Followed by "If you can provide Proof Of Value we'll send you a money order." So once I calmed down enough to be able to type something that wasn't a swear word, I've emailed back an explanation of what it was and a request that they pay to reprint them. . . Now, I wait.

      Delete
  2. I certainly hope you get the value of all the supplies you bought at least. Your time is valuable too, but I don't suppose they'll pay for that. :( I hate it when the mail loses things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as they eventually get where they're meant to go, I'm not too fussed. But I only replaced the magenta ink tank in my printer before I printed the dolls, so now I'm out of every other colour of ink. I have heaps of paper, so as long as they either pay for ink or printing elsewhere, I'll be happy.

      Delete