Wednesday 21 August 2019

New friends!


There have been a couple of doll lines I've been looking forward to lately. One was the Poopsie Rainbow Surprise fashion dolls. Poopsie is a line of terrifying, cracked out looking unicorns with a slime theme. I think you feed them slime and they poop it out or something. I'm not sure, but they scare me. But they have a new line of blind box fashion dolls, that are human, don't look as drug addicted as the unicorns, and are actually pretty appealing. Then I found out that they're also ninety dollars each and noped out on those.

The other one is the Shopkins Kindi Kids. They have a little eating gimmick that they do and they're kind of cute but I thought they had potential to be great, with some modifications. Mainly I hate the glitter eyes. I wish companies would stop giving things glitter eyes. They're horrible.

I thought, maybe the eyes can be modified? I know I read on somebodies blog (sorry, I don't remember whose) about someone removing the eyes of one of the Disney princess toddlers with the Royal Reflections eyes, cleaning off the decal and replacing it with a print out of eyes they preferred. I thought, maybe you can do something like that with these, and decided to order one to take a look. (I actually emailed Moose and asked if the heads are removable. They say no. We'll see about that. Mwa haha haha!)

I couldn't chose which one to get. I love the white hair with rainbow streaks, and I love the expression on the blue haired girl's face. By the time I had decided to get both, I had started feeling bad for the green haired girl, because her outfit doesn't go with the others and is frankly ugly. So I rationalized with "If I order three, I get free shipping." and ordered three. Then the Giant Husband bought me the last one on the weekend.

Now I have four Kindi Kids and frankly I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with them!

Update:- The Giant Baby and I unboxed these and had a play tonight. Both of us say Marsha Mallow and Peppa Mint are our favourites. Marsha Mallow because she has rainbow hair. He also likes Peppa Mint because she came with ice cream. I like Peppa Mint because I feel bad for her. Her hairstyle is a mess - Cindy Brady pigtails but with added crazy curls at the top. Her outfit looks like something a two dollar shop knock off would be wearing, instead of coordinating with the other girls dresses. And she's the only one that can't eat her snack! The others can take a bite of the food they came with. Peppa's food changes colour. That's it. Which makes sense she's the only one that doesn't have an open mouth. I am feeling insanely indignant on behalf of a doll. Whatever I do with these dolls, I'm going to make sure Peppa Mint turns out to be the best one!

8 comments:

  1. You can get the Rainbow Surprise dolls for $50 on Amazon here. That still seems like a lot, but the dolls are 14" tall, so they're kind of like the Wellie Wishers or the Disney Princess Toddler dolls, I guess.

    I like Marsha Mallow, but I also like the blue-haired doll. I would think there has to be a way to get the head off of one of those dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! If they were fifty here, I would definitely get one! As it is, I think I'm going to keep an eye on the prices and if they come down to something reasonable . . .
      These girls have a kind of hard plastic thingy set into their heads where their necks go in. Once the kids are in bed and I don't have to worry about traumatizing them, I'm going to see if I can get them apart there.

      Delete
    2. Get the dolls apart! Not get the kids apart!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the double post.

    Interesting dolls, and like you Rachael, the one with the rainbow hair appeals to me the most. Love to see what you do with these, BTW how tall are they?
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're 25.5 cms or 10 inches. About a third of that is head. Their proportions are kind of weird though.

      Delete
    2. That's a good size, I like dolls that size. Though proportions wise they are probably a bit like Blythe dolls with that huge head. LOL! So not for me, I have decided to stick with dolls that are more in proportion, even though their scales may differ.

      Delete
    3. I usually like dolls this kind of size because they're a joy to sew for. You can put in details but you don't need a tonne of fabric.
      These girls are going to be a nightmare to sew for!

      Delete