Monday 30 March 2020

My Collection. Part Four.

And now for something completely different!

My Living Dead Dolls.
These dolls are not everybody's cup of tea. A lot of them aren't even my cup of tea. All of mine are fairly "nice" for Living Dead Dolls. They're ten inches tall and come packed in cardboard coffins, with a little slip of paper with their name, date of death, and a little poem about how they died.
Most of mine were presents from my brother, then I bought a few. But at the end of the day, while they're fun novelties, the dolls are cheaply made and the quality of their clothes started slipping, and I lost interest.

Before I show you pictures, I will warn you, they are DUSTY! I never dust them because I think they look better dusty.

This is Hollow. She was my first. She originally had very pale grey eyes and lips but I painted over them. My brother thought I could use her as a doll of Claudia from Interview with a vampire, and she had the added bonus of coming with a coffin. Except I felt everything about her was too harsh, her coffin had no lid, and her hair is only rooted around the edges of her hairline, so she only looks good in pigtails.

This is Spaceboy, the pirate. He used to be Wolfgang and had bloody gashes all over his face but I sanded them off, repainted his face, changed his name and made him new clothes. I deliberately made his clothes badly, and kind of regret it now, because I worry they will fall apart. But for a ghost pirate child that's crawled out of a sunken ship, his clothes are ok.

This is Rain. Her outfit and feathery wings are awesome. I changed her eyes, her irises were black and almost rolled right back into her head. I think I would like her more if I had changed her face more. She has long black hair and as usual, with dolls that have long hair and wings, it's hard to find a way to make them not look stupid together. Seriously. Imagine you had ankle length hair, that wasn't tied back, and wings. Then imagine trying to fly like that. I'm sure that would just be painful, and so would untangling it later.

This is Simone with her pet cat. The cat is separate but his claws are sharp and her dress is a bit creepy, so the cat can claw onto her dress. I think she'd look awesome in one of those muslin "lingerie" dresses everyone wore in the early 1900s, but I've never done anything with her. (Except let the Giant Baby play with her as an Elsa doll, until his dad agreed to let him get an Elsa doll.)

This is Jubilee. She has awesome ringlets. And her arm fell off. I don't know if it's fixable. It broke when we moved and I have been shoving the broken arm behind her on the shelf, putting off looking at it, because I really like her and want her to be fixable, and don't want to find out if she isn't. If that makes sense.

And this is Tessa. I'm not a huge fan of Tessa. She has no eyes, just empty, melty, bloody, eye sockets. Sometimes I think I could sand away some of the grossness and give her inset eyes, but more often than not, I consider her a bit of a lost cause.

These last three are mini dolls. They used the Kelly Doll body with a unique head.

This one was repainted, restyled, redressed by me. I don't remember her original name.

This is Lottie? I think that was her name. The mini dolls didn't just come in coffins, they came with little string nooses attached to keyrings. Which I kind of felt was overkill.

And the Bride of Valentine. She wears awesome Kelly sized army boots and I'm actually kind of surprised I never stole them for my Kellys!




Doll count : 51

2 comments:

  1. Jubilee could always be a zombie, and her arm fell off as she was shambling after somebody. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was going to ask you whatever possessed you to purchase these dolls, but that is kind of obvious Rachael ... the dolls did!! LOL!!
    And I thought I was weird. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete