Monday 23 March 2020

My Collection. Part Two.

The rest of these posts will probably be shorter than yesterday's. All the schools here are closed until Easter, at least, which means a lot less me time. I'm looking on the bright side. I have a stress fracture in my foot that has not been improving, and hopefully three weeks of not having to walk the Giant Baby to school (and home again), will let it get better.

So here's today's installment

This is an Amazon Kelly, that I redressed, years ago. Weirdly the skirt took me about an hour to make, the top took a lot longer. But now, I still like the skirt, but I'm not at all happy with her top. These dolls were part of the Kelly Doll Barbie range. They weren't officially called "Amazon Kelly"s, but that's what a lot of people call them because they're considerably larger than ordinary Kelly Dolls. They were scaled to be little sisters to the Wee Three Friends dolls and the Star Team Stacies, which are roughly the same height as Barbie. I think they only came in packs of two Kellys or packs with a Kelly and a Stacie. Most of the packs had some sort of feature. One pack had Kelly and a dark haired friend with an easel that had a painting that revealed with water. One Kelly giggled. One had eyes that changed between open and closed  depending on whether they'd been washed with warm or cold water. I think this one used to giggle. She has a button on her back but her batteries are flat.

A Star Team Stacie or Wee Three Friends doll, that I redressed around the same time as the Kelly above. I tried to make her an outfit that went with her platform shoes, I'm not sure if I chose a red that didn't match the shoes, or if the clothes or shoes have discolored over time.

A little six inch,  Sailor Mars doll by Bandai, from about 1995. I originally had a larger Sailor Mars as well, but I can't remember what happened to her. I only got this girl out of her box a few months ago, because her box was badly damaged.

And a Sailor Moon, made by Irwin in about 2001. That fringe could fight evil, all on it's own! She's a tiny bit shorter than the Bandai girl.

And an Irwin Sailor Venus. All three Sailor scouts got unboxed at the same time, so they're still in really good condition but in all honesty, they are more scary than pretty. They didn't translate into doll form very well at all.


This is Charlotte. Originally she was Patience as Glinda by Wilde Imagination. I love Patience, but she is a huge pain in the bum. Her oversized head makes her top heavy, which means half the time she falls over, even using her stand. And it is ridiculously hard to get her eyes where you want them for a photo. They each move independently, and so easily that just thinking "Oh good! Her eyes look ok now!", is enough to send them off kilter. I think she'd look kind of awesome in a medievil or Tudor style gown. Maybe one day.

And Alice Patience. I have considered rewigging her, a million times (actually her current hair is rooted), but I like the yellowyness (Let's pretend that's a word), of her current hair and can't find anything the same colour, in the right size, that I like. She looks better in her headband, but I don't know where it is right now.


Maisie and Molly, two Maru and friends, mini pals. They're play dolls sculpted by Dianna Effner. I love these girls. Their articulation sucks, their shoulders are an odd shape, and Maisie's skin is an unhealthy "slightly suffocating, but not quite dead, yet" colour, and sometimes their arms look too long. But I really love them. And I love how they look together in their silky dresses.

An Azone Pure Neemo. I do not remember her name, but once I get around to making her an 1880s style dress out of ivory coloured silk, her name will be Marcella and she will be a ghost.

And this girl (who currently lives in her box, in my wardrobe) will also eventually have clothes and be a ghost named Celestine.

Two more Pure Neemos.

And Willow, my slightly disheveled Wellie Wisher. The Giant Baby used to steal her constantly because of her ladybug gumboots. He's lost interest, but she still needs a tidy.

That'll do for today. More when I can.

Doll count : 32

6 comments:

  1. You have a very cute group there, except maybe for the Sailor dolls. 😒 I imagine trying to pose the Patience dolls is like trying to pose Pullips, without the roaming eyes issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. It's weird you say that. Something in the back of my head always suggests Patience is Pullip Tonnerfied

      Delete
    2. I can see that. I bet Patience's body is less prone to cracks than Pullip bodies are, though.

      Delete
  2. Nice group of dolls Racael. I like your Patience, I wonder if she was called that because one needs much of it to get her to stand. LOL! I know what you mean about the colour of your Mini Pal, my DE Little Darling is a similar colour.
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When the first Patience came out, she sold out in something like a day, then I preordered the Alice one and she sat in customs for A MONTH! I joked then that, that was why she was called Patience. I guess she just takes Patience all round. 🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
  3. Thanks Linda. The mini Marus are definitely among my favourites!

    ReplyDelete